Thursday, August 5, 2010

Missing you...

Four years ago today, our family suffered a huge loss--my oldest nephew, Colton. Today I have been missing him and thinking about him a lot. I hate to recall the events of that day and the time following his death, but I think there's no avoiding it. I'll probably think about it each August 5th, because loosing him has forever changed me and my family.
I'll never forget the last time I spent with Colton. We were cleaning his dad's house and he was helping. While we were cleaning, he decided to play his guitar for us. He sat at the top of the stairs and played some "Green Day" and "Blink 182". I think I'll always remember him that way, sitting on the floor, hair in his eyes, wearing a hoodie and playing the guitar.
I feel so blessed to know that Colton is watching over our family and I've felt his presence often. I know that Heavenly Father knows what's best and that we will see him again someday because Families are Forever...Miss you Colt.

1 comment:

  1. I remember getting your email about this. Such a sad thing, and hard time. I think it is important to remember him and the good things.

    ReplyDelete