
Milestones...
Ever since I've had children, this has become a topic I think about often. "Is my kid doing what he/she is supposed to be doing at this age?" Sometimes the answer is "yes" and sometimes "no". I've decided however, that the answer doesn't really matter. What matters is that they are both doing the best they can at this time in their lives. This has especially been on my mind this last little while as my children have both met some exciting milestones.
One Monday morning, we were on our way out the door for work and school and Ian came upstairs with blood coming out of his mouth. "My tooth is bleeding." He had lost his first tooth and he didn't even know it! It was very exciting , because we didn't realize it was loose. Luckily, Rob had the day off and was home to experience it with us. Ian scored 4 bucks from the tooth fairy. With help from his aunts (1 more dollar each) he was able to purchase a Space Police Lego set with his cash. Later that evening, we were excited to discover that Ella's 2 yr old molar had finally popped through. So in one day, we lost a tooth and gained a tooth. Definitely a blog worthy event.
The biggest news of all is that our baby is finally walking! This has taken many, many months of therapy and hard work for her and she's almost there! I've been waiting to see her on her own 2 feet for so long, because I knew she would look so cute. And of course she does. I hope it's not mean to say this, but she looks like a little drunk baby when she takes off. She still falls down a lot, but she's getting better every day. We are so proud of little "Elle Bugs" and can't wait to see what milestone she'll meet next.

No comments:
Post a Comment